Tuesday, June 16, 2020

They Went Left by Monica Hesse

They Went LeftThey Went Left by Monica Hesse
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I have always really loved stories following WWII. They Went Left is very different than any others I have read as this follows Zofia after the war. We get to see what happened when people were sent to camps and trying to locate their loved ones. It really brought an unique view into the story.

I also really enjoyed listening to the authors note on this one. I really loved that she took real names and situations and brought them to life within this story. It just made it even more special.

This did have some pacing issues for me, and I did not really love the ending. However; it was still pretty amazing overall and well worth the read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment