Monday, March 16, 2020

A Map for Wrecked Girls by Jessica Taylor

A Map for Wrecked GirlsA Map for Wrecked Girls by Jessica Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this one and am learning that I really enjoy stories involving being stranded. This was kept my attention the whole time.

This does deal with triggers for teacher/student relationship, date rape, drugs, abuse, and more. This follows Emma and Henri and their tumultuous sibling relationship. They had a very strong relationship until they did not. The story jumps between the siblings and Alex being on the Island, and several months before they were stranded. As the story continues you begin to see what happened between Emma and Henri. Henri was very unlikable throughout the whole story for me. I was personally happy to have the romance aspect thrown in with Alex and Emma. I think it needed to add something extra to the story.

The ending was a little rushed and I did not love the ending for Alex.

Overall, I enjoyed this one more than I was expecting though.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment