Monday, December 30, 2019

The Wives by Tarryn Fisher

The WivesThe Wives by Tarryn Fisher
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Tarryn Fisher is an author that I have always wanted to read. There are so many of her books on my wish list. Everyone was talking about her upcoming release, The Wives, so I was freaking out when I received an advanced copy. Even though it does not come out until December, I just had to reach for it now.

I was loving this when it started. I really enjoyed seeing how Thursday and Seth meet and you start to learn more around their polygamist relationship. There is a lot of build up around their relationship and at times it was a little slow. This all ends up being very important later in the story though.

As I mentioned the beginning was a little slow. Then things suddenly start to happen and they do not stop until the very last page. I enjoyed the second half of the book, but I just did not love the direction the story took. I wanted more development around everything happening. I think it could have been a little bit darker. I was just expecting more.

I also did not love the ending. Again, I just wanted more.

Overall, I still enjoyed this and I still plan to reach for more from this author. I just did not love this as much as I was anticipating.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment