Monday, December 30, 2019

Good Girls Lie by J.T. Ellison

Good Girls LieGood Girls Lie by J.T. Ellison
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2.5 Stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I fell in love with JT Ellison with her previous release and was so excited for this one. I may have went into this a little biased as I am not a huge fan of boarding school reads. I ended up feeling a little underwhelmed and disappointed.

I am so split on this one as there were times I wanted to just put this down, but there is something addicting about the way the author writes. I was really not interested in the story around the school at all. I could care less about the relationships among the girls and the drama with the school. I wanted more around the back story of Ash and her family. I wanted more in general. There was too many times I was just skimming dialogue to get to the next twist/reveal.

I also feel the story jumped all over the place. We jump perspectives, times, and events. All of a sudden something would happen randomly and out of nowhere. It was not even a “twist or reveal,” it just happens. I did not like the flow of everything happening.

This did still have moments though! I wanted to know everything going on with Ash (currently and in her past). Chapters would leave me wanting to move on and kept me reading in the end. The final reveal was ok, but I expected a little more.

Overall, I thought this one was ok.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment