Monday, January 7, 2019

Saving Meghan: A NovelSaving Meghan: A Novel by D.J. Palmer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

Going into Saving Meghan, I knew this story was going to involve Munchausen by Poxy. I was not expecting the medical mystery, legal drama, and the some of the twists and turns along the way. It was really hard to like these characters, and at times I found myself shaking my head with some of the decisions they made. There was a lot of information around procedures and legal aspects that take place within the story.

This story switches between three characters POV: Meghan, her mother Becky, and one of her doctors. I understand the importance of the doctor after reading the whole story, but I did not his parts of the story always relevant to what was going on. Yes, it all ties together around his dedication to finding what is wrong with Meghan, but I could have done without some of it.

Some things I did not see coming such as a murder thrown in and the ending. At times I thought it was one thing happening to Meghan, and a few chapters later I would question my thoughts. It kept my interest and the pacing was great. I ended up finishing this in one day.

Overall, this was not like any other story I read, so I ended up enjoying it.

Releases 4/9/19


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment