Thursday, January 3, 2019

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)Dark Lover by J.R. Ward
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


One of my favorite BookTubers raves about this series. I had a free gift card and decided to give it a go. I was not really sure if it was going to be my thing or have too many sexual scenes, but I decided to try it anyway.

This started off really strong. It did take me a minute to sort through all of the characters. There are a ton introduced pretty quickly, and you get different aspects from several of them right after another. One thing I really enjoyed was hearing bits and pieces around their pasts. It was not really in detail, but the little information started to develop them individually. I can see why people love this series, as I really liked all of the characters and would like to read more about each.

I was not a huge fan of how Beth and Wraith meet. I was annoyed what happens when he breaks into her house. However; I ended up enjoying their relationship as the story continued.

This story had lots of romance and action all in one. I never lost my interest and it was really fast read. Overall, I enjoyed this. Some things I really liked and others I could have gone without. I am not sure if I will or will not continue on with the series at this point, but would definitely pick them up if I found them for a bargain.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment