Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Hawkweed Prophecy Series Review by Irena Brignull




I was sent these books from the publisher. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review. 


Synopsis:
"Poppy Hooper and Ember Hawkweed couldn't lead more different lives. Poppy is a troubled teen: moving from school to school, causing chaos wherever she goes, never making friends or lasting connections. Ember is a young witch, struggling to find a place within her coven and prove her worth. Both are outsiders: feeling like they don't belong and seeking escape.

Poppy and Ember soon become friends, and secretly share knowledge of their two worlds. Little do they know that destiny has brought them together: an ancient prophecy, and a life-changing betrayal. Growing closer, they begin to understand why they've never belonged and the reason they are now forever connected to each other.

Switched at birth by the scheming witch Raven Hawkweed, Poppy and Ember must come to terms with their true identities and fight for their own place in the world. Enter Leo, a homeless boy with a painful past who - befriending them both - tests their love and loyalty. Can Poppy and Ember's friendship survive? And can it withstand the dark forces that are gathering?"

Synopsis:
"Poppy is discovering a purpose for her powers in Africa, but she is haunted by a vision of her own death. Taken in by a boy and his great-grandmother, a healer, they vow to keep her safe-even if that ultimately means holding her captive. But Poppy never stops longing for Leo and, when she feels his magic begin to spark, she will do anything to be reunited with him.

Desperate to regain Poppy's trust and bring her home, Charlock embarks on a plan to reunite Leo with his mother. What Charlock doesn't foresee are the string of consequences that she sets into motion that leave Ember all alone and prey to manipulation, the clan open to attack from other witches, Sorrel vulnerable to Raven's ghost, Betony determined to protect her son from his father's fate, and which leave both Leo and Poppy in terrible danger."





SERIES REVIEW:

My Rating:
4 Stars

First off, lets talk about these covers. They are so haunting and beautiful. It was what first caught my attention and pulled me in to read the synopsis.

As I started to read book one in the series, I was not really sure what I was getting myself into. I ended up being pleasantly surprised. I finished book one and was very happy that I also had book two to jump into. 

Where I really enjoyed book one, I loved book two! I just feel the story all came together. I read the second book in only one day where book one did take me a little longer.

I would love to see this series come out on audiobook as I think it would be amazing to listen to the story!

Overall, I really enjoyed this series and think more people need to talk about it. 

Please comment below with any comments and to show your support for Simply Kelina!

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Goodreads

Do you want Unlimited Audiobooks? Check out Scribd and get a free month when you use my referral:
https://www.scribd.com/g/6w08ez


Interested in trying Book of the Month, get a free book when you use my link:

https://www.mybotm.com/7ocba3ckm8syk3xr

No comments:

Post a Comment