Friday, August 3, 2018

Cooper's Charm by Lori Foster: New Release with Review



I was sent this book from the publisher.  My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review. 





Synopsis:

"One summer, two sisters and a chance to start over…

Before the burglary that shattered her confidence, Phoenix Rose had a fiancĂ©, a successful store and a busy, happy existence. After months spent adrift, she takes a job at the lakeside resort of Cooper’s Charm. Surrounded by beautiful scenery, friendly colleagues and a charismatic, widowed boss, Phoenix is slowly inching her way back into the world.

Visiting Cooper’s Charm to check up on her little sister, Ridley Rose impulsively agrees to fill in as housekeeper. Still reeling from an ego-bruising divorce, she finds satisfaction in a job well done—and in the attention of the resort’s handsome scuba instructor.

For Phoenix and Ridley, Cooper’s Charm is supposed to be merely temporary. But this detour may lead to the place they most need to be, where the future is as satisfying as it is surprising…


MY REVIEW:

My Rating: 3.5 Stars
Format: Paperback
Source: Provided

Thank you to HQN for sending me a copy of Cooper’s Charm.

This was my first Lori Foster read, so I was not sure what to expect. Do not let this cover fool you, this story is filled with steamy romance and a lot of angst. I also love that this follows two sisters as they learn to trust again, face their pasts, and move on from different tragedies. I also love the connection between Cooper and Phoenix and how they connect over a similar past. My heart was torn for them both as you learn more about what happened with each of them.

This is a romance, but it has a small amount of suspense as well. You will wonder what happened to all of the characters and want to see how it unravels. You know the story is going to come full circle, and I kept waiting for it to happen.

As I mentioned, this is also a steamy romance. There is lots of attraction and sexual encounters. If you do not like that in a read, this may not be for you.

Overall, I really enjoyed the plot and characters in Cooper’s Charm.

Please comment below with any comments and to show your support for Simply Kelina!

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Goodreads

Do you want Unlimited Audiobooks?  Check out Scribd and get a free month when you use my referral:

https://www.scribd.com/g/6w08ez

Interested in trying Book of the Month, get a free book when you use my link:

No comments:

Post a Comment