Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Campaign Widows by Aimee Agresti: New Release


I was sent this book from the publisher.  My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review. 


Synopsis:
"It's an election season gone wild in this "irresistible" (Cosmopolitan) and "whip-smart" (Us Weekly) novel about a delicious cast of characters who forge an unlikely friendship while their significant others are out on the campaign trail.

Cady Davenport is living the American dream...

At least she's supposed to be. She's in a new city, with a new job and even a new fiancé . But when her husband-to-be hits the road for the upcoming presidential election, Cady realizes she's on her own--and that her dream life might not be all she'd imagined.

Until she finds herself thrust straight into the heart of the most influential inner circle in Washington, DC: the campaign widows. As friends, they're an unlikely group--a fabulous Georgetown doyenne, a speechwriter turned mommy blogger, an artsy website editor and a First Lady hopeful who's not convinced she wants the job. But they share one undeniable bond: their spouses are all out on the trail during a hotly contested election season.

Cady is unsure of her place in their illustrious group, but with the pressures of the unprecedented election mounting, the widows' worlds keep turning, faster than ever, as they hold down the fort while running companies, raising babies, racking up page views and even reinventing themselves. And their friendship might be just what Cady needs to find the strength to pursue her own happiness."


MY REVIEW:

My Rating: No Rating-DNF
Format: Paperback
Source: Publisher
Release Date: May 22, 2018

I was sent this book from the publisher.  My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

Even though I am not a person who is deeply into politics, I thought I would enjoy Campaign Widows.  Unfortunately, this was just not for me.  I only read about 70 pages before I decided I just needed to put this down.  I may try it again once it comes out on audio though.

This started off with so many characters and within the first 30 pages, I really did not know what this was going to be about.  I felt very disconnected to the characters and the story and I just did not seem to get into them as I kept reading. 

Overall, this was not for me but if you love political romances you may love this.  It will be released later this month, and I hope you still give it a try.

Please comment below with any comments and to show your support for Simply Kelina!

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Goodreads 

No comments:

Post a Comment