Thursday, October 27, 2016

Overwhelmed with What to Read Next

Do you have hundreds of books on your TBR list?  Check out a fun and cheap way to help decide what book to pick up next…

Photo found through Google Search


My co—worker and I were talking one day, and she asked me how I decide what I am going to read next.  There are times I have a new release, and I know I will be grabbing for that next.  There are other times I just have no clue what to grab. I have hundreds of books on my TBR list and in my actual library when you consider my Kindle, Amazon, and physical books.  I can often get overwhelmed.
So, I made this….My Reading Jar!



I thought this would be a cute and cheap idea to help me when I was not sure what to grab for next.  I will not take credit for this idea, as I believe I saw someone or something similar on BookTube.  
All you need to do is grab a mug or a jar you may have laying around and fill it with different reading options.  That is it!  I used this cute butterfly canister that I already had sitting on my bookshelf. When I am not sure what to read, I reach into the jar and Poof…An idea of where to pick my next read.

I decided on picking from my Goodreads page, Amazon library (they have a ton of free books and I have downloaded hundreds over the years), my bookshelves, Netgalley books, or a DNF (give a books a second try as maybe I was just not in the right mood the first time).  

You can actually add different authors, genres, series you may want to finish, and etc.  You can make this whatever you like!   This is what I am doing now, but I will change it as time goes on.



My next read will be something from my bookshelf!  Do you think you will use a reading jar?  How do you determine what you will read next?  Let me know in the comments below.

Please comment below with any comments and to show your support for Simply Kelina!

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment