Sunday, October 26, 2014

October 2014 My First GlossyBox and Review

The sneak peaks for October got me! Signed up for my very first Glossy Box, and I am happy I did! That perfume bottle just caught my eye! Check it out!

What is Glossy Box?
Glossy Box is a beauty subscription box that sends a box of luxury beauty products each month.  Per the website they, "strives to provide the latest in luxurious, high-end beauty products and trends from around the world. The box contents are always a secret because otherwise it wouldn’t be a surprise!"

What it costs? 
Glossy Box costs $21 per month (plus tax if your box is being shipped to California or New York). They also offer a 3,6, or 12 month subscription.  Join here.

Each box comes with a small card/pamphlet showcasing each item for that month and suggestions for using the product. 

 As I mentioned, this was my first Glossy Box and I was pretty happy with the items this month.  Let's start with my least favorite items. (I am not a fan of hair care products)

(Sorry this is upside down; I could not get it to upload the correct way)

Proganix Volume Root Boost Finish + Body Builder ($11.99)
I was happy this was full size, but I do not really use many hair products.  This is designed to give you hair lift and volume.  It also has caffeine in it designed to give your hair lift, life and shine.  I will be giving this away in a future giveaway.

Sesha Skin Therapy Botanical Hydro Mask ($9.00)
I was actually excited about getting one of these, as I have seen them before and wanted to try one. This has cucumber fruit, green tea and marigold in it.  People tend to be indifferent about these, so we will see!

Now, let's get into the more exciting products this month!
(Click to Enlarge)

Tarte Cosmetics Power Pigment in Flush ($24.00)
You can not go wrong with a Full Size Tarte product!  This lip tint has a twist up bottom and is super creamy.  I love the color!

(Click to Enlarge)
Vinve Camuto Amore Eau De Parfum  (.25 Fl OZ $6.00)
I love this perfume, but I wish it had a spray feature.  This perfume is a combination of fresh cut flowers, fruits, cashmere, amber and sandalwood.  I love the little bottle.  

(Click to Enlarge)

Nails Inc Westmister Bridge Matte Top Coat ( $10.00)
I am excited to try this matte coat, as I have never tried this yet.  I also like the bottle.

GlamGlow Youth Mud ($19)
This was the bonus item for signing up for October.  I am so excited to try a Glam Glow item.  (This will not be in the October box unless you signed up with the Glam Glow special)

(Click to Enlarge)
Hello Fresh $40 Gift Card
I have not seen this on any of the other reviews, and it was not included on the insert card, but I feel it is worth mentioning.  It allows you a free $40 to use at Hellofresh.com.  Boxes start at $59.00/$69.00, so your first box would be about $15 to $20.

Overall, I was pretty happy with my first ever Glossy Box.  This box had a total value of $60.99 and I only paid $21.  I loved the Tarte product and the perfume!  Join me!

Thumbs Up:
Has a Glossy Dots program
Love the boxes/Reusable boxes
Variety of Samples
Great value

Thumbs Down:
Tends to have more skin care than makeup in normal boxes (This is a personal thumbs down, not necessarily on the box itself)

Please comment below with any comments and to show your support for SimplyKelina!
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram

**Simply Kelina pays for this subscription box and is not affiliated with this product.  All opinions are unbiased and my own personal opinion.**

No comments:

Post a Comment